Cocoliso Island is synonymous with tradition in Rosario Islands. A site designed for the family to enjoy the Caribbean Sea and sunbathing by the sea or enjoy the freshwater pool within the facility.
Hours of Operation: Every day from 08:00 am to 4:00 pm. The return time to Cartagena may vary depending on the weather and tide conditions.
The last boat heading towards Cocolisto Island leaves at 8:30 am.
Duration: 7.5 hours approximately.
THIS TOUR REQUIRES PREVIOUS RESERVATION.
Once your purchase is confirmed, we will contact you via email to coordinate all the details of your reservation. In the email we will inform you about the availability of pick-up at your hotel or if you must go to the meeting point to start your journey by boat to Cocoliso Island.
The tour includes:
- Transportation by boat to Cocoliso Island. Depending on the boat of the day, there will be access to the bathroom or not.
- A group leader who will accompany you during transportation and upon arrival to the Island.
- Sightseeing tour aboard the boat that will allow you to observe Bocachica’s fort, Tierra Bomba island and some of the islands that make up the Rosario Islands archipelago.
- Typical lunch consisting of fried fish (mojarra), coconut rice, patacón, salad and non-alcoholic beverage. Any change in the menu must be paid by the customer.
- Freshwater pool, sun chairs, hammocks and other facilities open to the public.
- Children from 0 to 3 years old do NOT pay the entrance
- From 4 years onward, a single rate is paid.
The service may be interrupted or canceled without prior notice due to weather, Act of God circumstances or Force Majeure.
The tour does NOT include any other service or expense that is not included in the description above.
The tour does not include, among others, entrance to the oceanarium or equipment for snorkeling, kayaking, jet skiing, as well as beach chairs and/or tents.
The passenger assumes the payment of the boarding tax at the Bodeguita Pier, which is estimated at $ 17,500 per person.
NOTE: Once your order has been confirmed, we will send you an email with your ticket. Please PRINT THE TICKET AND PRESENT IT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN IN THE EMAIL. Via email the details of your reservation will be coordinated.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM COCOLISO ISLAND TOUR
The adventure begins at the Bodeguita Pier, aboard a speedboat heading towars the Rosario Islands archipelago, National Natural Park. For your safety, you must wear life jackets during the tour, which will be supplied when boarding the boat.
On the way to San Martin de Pajarales Island, the boat will give you a sightseeing through Cartagena’s internal bay, with the port area on its left and the Bocagrande sector on its right. Passing by San Sebastián del Pastelillo fort and then by Sailors Virgen (15-meter-high statue that is located in the center of the inner bay), the boat will leave the inner bay, passing close to Tierra Bomba island and Bocachica’s fort.
The next point of observation will be the chain of islands and islets that are part of the Rosario Islands archipelago: Isla Grande, Rosario Island, Cagua Island, San Martin Island, Majayura Island, and many others will be part of its route.
After this sightseeing tour, you will go to Cocoliso Island to start enjoying the resort. The facilities offer everything you need to live a unique family experience: internal walking trails, sun beds to enjoy the Caribbean sun, white beach and a beautiful sea or a comfortable freshwater pool. When you’re ready, enjoy your lunch included and then relax and watch the afternoon go by.
If desired, you can get information about other activities that are offered:
- Discover the Rosario Islands Oceanarium, which houses a sample of the marine fauna and flora of the Archipelago, and offers its visitors a wonderful experience of interaction with dolphins.
- Spend your time exploring the seabed by diving or snorkeling.
- Take relaxing massages.
- Take an ecological walk.
Remember that these additional activities ARE NOT INCLUDED IN YOUR PACKAGE.
Maybe later you could consider the Hop On Hop Off bus, and make the most of your stay in Cartagena de Indias to the fullest. If you are interested, click here to get a combination of HoHo + Cocoliso Island.