Caribbean Sea, natural environment, pure air and vibes that invites relaxation. This is Isla del Sol. Arrival on the island by speedboat, buffet lunch and the charm of a heavenly place.
Hours of Operation: Every day from 08:00 am to 3:00 pm. The return time to Cartagena may vary depending on the weather and tide conditions.
The last boat heading towards Sun Island leaves at 8:30 am.
Duration: 7 hours approximately.
THIS TOUR REQUIRES PREVIOUS RESERVATION.
Once your purchase is confirmed, we will contact you via email to coordinate all the details of your reservation. In the email we will inform you about the availability of pick-up at your hotel or if you must travel to the meeting point to start your journey by boat to Sun Island.
The tour includes:
- Transportation by speedboat to Sun Island. The boat has no bathroom.
- A group leader who will accompany you during transportation and upon arrival to the beach.
- Sightseeing tour aboard the boat that will allow you to watch the Bocachica fortress, Tierra Bomba island and some of the islands that make up the Rosario Islands archipelago.
- Visit to San Martin de Pajarales Island, where the Oceanarium is located. The entrance to the Oceanarium is NOT included.
- Typical lunch consisting of fried fish (Mojarra) or chicken, coconut rice, patacón, salad and non-alcoholic drink. Any change in the menu must be paid by the customer.
- Children from 0 to 3 years old do NOT pay the entrance
- 4 to 10 years pay children rate.
- 11 years and older pay adult rate.
The service may be interrupted or canceled without prior notice due to weather, Act of God circumstances or Force Majeure.
The tour does NOT include any other service or expense that is not included in the description above.
The tour does not include, among others, entrance to the oceanarium or equipment for snorkeling, kayaking, jet skiing, as well as ecological walks.
The passenger assumes the payment of the boarding tax at the Bodeguita Pier, which is estimated at $ 17,500 per person.
NOTE: Once your order has been confirmed, we will send you an email with your ticket. Please PRINT THE TICKET AND PRESENT IT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN IN THE EMAIL. Via email the details of your reservation will be coordinated.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT SUN ISLAND?
The adventure begins at the Bodeguita Pier, aboard a speedboat heading towards the Rosario Islands archipelago, National Natural Park. For your safety, you must wear life jackets during the tour, which will be supplied when boarding the boat.
On the way to Sun Island, the boat will give you a sightseeing tour through Cartagena’s internal bay, with the port area on its left and the Bocagrande sector on its right. Passing by San Sebastián del Pastelillo fort and then by Sailors Virgen (15-meter-high statue that is located in the center of the inner bay), the boat will leave the inner bay, passing close to Tierra Bomba island and Bocachica’s fort.
The next point of observation will be the chain of islands and islets that are part of the Rosario Islands archipelago: Isla Grande, Rosario Island, Cagua Island, San Martin Island, Majayura Island, and many others will be part of its route.
After this sightseeing tour, you will go to Sun Island to start enjoying the Colombian Caribbean Sea. On the Island you can relax in the comfortable facilities offered. Seawater pool or indoor pool, sun beds, hammocks and white sand await you to relax. Have lunch and enjoy the landscape offered by this corner of heaven in Cartagena.
If desired, you can get information about other activities that are offered:
- Discover the Rosario Islands Oceanarium, which houses a sample of the marine fauna and flora of the Archipelago, and offers its visitors a wonderful experience of interaction with dolphins.
- Spend your time exploring the seabed by diving or snorkeling.
- Take relaxing massages.
- Take an ecological walk.
Remember that these additional activities ARE NOT INCLUDED IN YOUR PACKAGE.
Maybe later you could consider the Hop On Hop Off bus, and make the most of your stay in Cartagena de Indias to the fullest. If you are interested, click here to get a combination of HoHo + Sun Island.